TRUTH ALL THE TIMES BILLS PROGRESSION CHHART 8TH SENATE, NATIONAL ASSEMBLY Senator Dino Melaye’s contributions
2. Disability Integration Bill 2015 (SB. 95)
3. Ecclesiastical Court (Establishment, etc) Bill 2015 (SB.96)- 1ST READING
4. Protection Against Domestic Violence Act (Amendment) Bill 2015 (SB.97)
5. Deep Offshore and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract Act Cap D3 LFN 2004 (Amendment) Bill 2015 (SB. 98)- 1ST READING
6. Lobbying Disclosure Act (Amendment) Bill 2015 (SB 99)passed 2nd reading to committee on Judiciary.
7. Anti-Jungle Justice Bill 2015 (SB. 109), passed 2nd reading to committee on Judiciary.
8. Price Control and anti protesting Bill 2015 (SB 110)
9. National Lottery Act 2005 (Amendment)Bill 2016 (SB :227) Passed.
10. Lobbying (Regulations) Bill 2016 (SB. 258) 1ST READING
11. National Orientation Agency Act (Amendment) Bill 2016 (SB. 333)
12. Residency Right for every citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Bill 2016 (AB. 356) 1ST READING
13. Federal University of Agriculture Kabba (Establishment, etc) Bill 2016 (SB. 402) Passed 2nd reading to committee on Tertiary Institutions & TETFUND
14. Facial Mutilation Prohibition Bill 2016 (SB. 408) 1ST READING
15. Ethnic and Religious Hatred Bill 2017 (SB. 420)
MOTIONS SPONSORED BY SENATOR DINO MELAYE 8TH SENATE
1. Matters of Urgent Public Importance: the imminent threat to Nigerian Democracy with unfounded allegations and charges instituted against the senate presiding officer by the Attorney General of the federation (AGF), TUESDAY, 21ST JUNE, 2016
2. Non Payment of Teacher’s Salaries Across the country. Tuesday, 12th July, 2016
3. Unscrupulous Violation of the Foreign Exchange (Monitoring and Miscellaneous) Act. Tuesday, 27th September, 2016.
4. Disturbing Development in the Nigerian Aviation Industry. Tuesday, 20th Oct, 2016.
5. Matter of Urgent Public Importance “The unlawful and wrongful Misappropriation and criminal withholding of Public Revenue by the NNPC and NPDC from 2013 to date”. Tuesday, 13th Dec, 2016
6. Irregularities in the Awards of Contacts by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP). Tuesday, 26th Jan, 2017
7. Motion on Ailing Ajaokuta Steel Company, a threat to Nigeria Industrial growth.
8. Motion on corruption in the Monitoba deal.
9. Motion on deplorable state of the following roads; Kabba-Ilorin Road, Iluke-Aiyetoro kiri Road, Abugi-Egan Road, Iyara-Omuo Road.
10. Motion on Repatriation of over N2 Trillion from Nigeria by MTN.
11. Abuse and Mismanagement of the Treasury Single Acccount Regime.
12. Motion on dredging of River Niger
13. Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja, Second Runway Contract.
14. Collapse of Road infrastructure in Nigeria.
15. Sustainable Development Goals; take home from the fourth World Conference of speakers of Parliament.
16. Proposed policy of the Federal Road Safety Commision (FRSC) to sell and install Speed Limit Devices on Vehicles.
17. Abduction of Chibok School Girls- Two years after.
18. Co-Sponsored with Sen. Philip Tanimu Aduda: Continued implementation of the Federal Capital Territory Statutory Appropriation Act 2016 and for other related matters, pursuant to section 122 and 299 of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).
19. Discrepancies in subsidy Payment and non-remittance of Fund by the NNPC to the Federation Account.
20. In November 2016, Senator Dino Melaye moved for the urgent completibon of OMI DAM. The Motion was passed and resolution has been directed to be sent to the Presidency and the Honourable Minister of Water Resources. This is as at 2017. Many more now. Kudos to the Lion of the Senate.
- Previous COSON MOURNS THE GREAT RAS KIMONO AS FLAGS FLY AT HALF MAST AT COSON HOUSE
- Next 2019 – Why they are after Dino Melaye. By Agbo Frank